Wednesday 18 June 2008

Headbanging


Ooooh, had a heap of fun Monday night- went to the Metal Hammer Golden Gods awards. Gettin there was a challenge- the classic cock up with tickets not arriving. The minute I saw the guy responsible was called Toby, I KNEW it would be a farce- and it was! Still, got it sorted and had somebody meet us at the venue with replacement tickets- VIP passes would have been good- but hey...*grins*
The show is apparently going out on MTV2, tho not too sure how- unless they call it the beep awards beep show- Oderus was hosting and LMAO- the guy is incapable of more than 3 words without a profanity- and two of those three will refer to shagging or drugs. Anyhoo- was a good while since I had been to any live music- so was niiiiiice to be in the pit again. Saw Testament, Apocalyptica, In Flames and Children of Bodom first of all then on to what was, for me the main event- a set by Disturbed. Sheeeeeeeeeit, but they rocked. The sound was crap, as expected- 5 bands in jus over 3 hours doesnt allow for too much work on the mixing desk- but who cared! David Draiman is an awesome showman- and as usual his voice was aural sex. As far as I know the next foray is to see Clutch in August, with a couple of things set up for December along the way. One side effect is that I am now desperate to get working on my next tattoo- I want to have a phoenix, to match the one on my shoulderblade, on my upper arm, with the tail feathers curling round my arm down to my wrist- like the ink that Callie wears in secondlife. Will go talk to the artist with pics n stuff this week- get an idea of time n cost

No comments: