Friday 30 October 2009

to every thing there is a season...

that came to me as a title for this post- and it occurred to me- I didnt know the source- apart from Byrds lyrics. Turns out its a biblical quote- and its extremely apt just now- so I will start by quoting it in full....

To everything there is a season,
a time for every purpose under the sun.
A time to be born and a time to die;
a time to plant and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
a time to kill and a time to heal ...
a time to weep and a time to laugh;
a time to mourn and a time to dance ...
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing;
a time to lose and a time to seek;
a time to rend and a time to sew;
a time to keep silent and a time to speak;
a time to love and a time to hate;
a time for war and a time for peace.

ecclesiastes 3:1-8


Since I last blogged- I have been dealing with my RL trauma- I am still off work, on anti-depressants and in therapy. My mental state regressed further than I had hoped after the attack but I am full of hope that the rebuilt me will be a better, more stable person- its an opportunity. Right now, I struggle to have anything to do with anybody but a few trusted individuals. I rarely leave home except to see my therapist, doctor or fetch groceries. I do still DJ in SL- and I do have a few ppl that I am close to- but even there I almost never hang out- I go to work then back home. The "new" me hasnt been able to shake off the past totally- I knew that continuing to DJ would mean I might be recognised- but I rather naively assumed that as I had started over in a new avi- in new places- that people would realise I had broken with the past- but, some people never move on, it seems. It just makes me more reclusive and less inclined to be around people and the surprise has been how little I miss that life.
I am not the only one in SL undergoing huge change it seems- I occasionally do a profile/blog perve. In the main, I am relieved that these things no longer impact on me- and just occasionally, I feel for some of the people who are. The drama explosions lately in some areas has thrown some interesting shit to the top of the pile and I will bet that the aftershocks will be equally as puerile and entertaining. Its kinna like a car crash- you know you shouldnt look- but you just have to peek.
I am still not sure about continuing this blog- Callie is almost certainly not going to return to SL and I have no intention of linking this blog to my new SL life, yet I do like to post occasionally.

No comments: