Friday 23 May 2008

bacon sarnies!

Just havin ma fave breakfast, a bacon and mushroom sandwich- or sarnie if ya understand London slang. It is a little late for breakfast- more of a brunch- but PFFFT! Its a glorious day again, and I shall shower and head out for my customary walk on the beach shortly before logging into SL to meet my Vinny, spend a little time with him then off to work- todays gig is at Runaround Sues- fifties and sixties music- a little different from the norm for me. I love playing there, its so different, Susan and Marlena have created a great venue- even the atmosphere is in theme- sort of an innocence. The people are just wonderful, I love it! Last night, I played at my SL brothers club, Voodoo Magic. Its only been open a few days, and we have had some great feedback from visitors, does the old ego a power of good!
I was waffling about quotations the other day- here is another I treasure- it was damned cutting at the time- but with hindsight- also incredibly funny too- thanks Cas- you have put many a smile on my face. "Your ego has outstripped your talent" OMG- I am giggling at the memory all over again. To think that I can be egotistical- I would never have noticed *GRINS*
While I am on about DJ work- I am retained by a wedding venue in SL as their DJ. This means I get to play a heap of stuff I wouldnt normally play, to suit the happy couples plans. A lot of people go traditional, classical music at the ceremony- and of course lovesongs at the reception- so I have a healthy smoochin file. Sometimes though, those special songs are just not mainstream- who the hell is Peter Allen? LMAO!

No comments: