Thursday 15 May 2008

Quotes

Spent some time chattin to a good friend tonight- bout all sorts of stuff includin bad airports- I know- may I jus point ya at the blog title- I AM eccentric yanno! Anyhoo, it set me to thinkin bout quotations- now, here is a good insight into the arcane way my mind is wired up...
We talked bout Miami airport- I once spent Christmas night at the Sofitel en route to Bahamas- I always have a martini as soon as possible after landing in the States- at the bar, got chattin to a couple of guys who told me a Dorothy Parker quote...
"I never drink martinis- well, maybe one at most- for after two I am under the table, after three, I am under the host"
That goes into my fave quote folder along with " I have just ordered a Rolls Royce- they tell me it will turn on a sixpence- whatever that is" and "I can resist anything except temptation"

No comments: