Friday 23 May 2008

Gamers

Sheesh! two posts in one day- but, I couldnt resist this opportunity to add a quote...

Well, I guess we are all gamers, by definition. There are so many levels though. I see myself as a low level gamer- I mostly act, react and interact in a natural way, although I do use fantasy in a light way- my pregnancy for example. I do struggle with some of the rp in Secondlife- I just dont understand it, I suppose. Nekos I get to an extent- and, I love the look. Vamps, demons, drows, faes- I get the look, but not the lifestyle. BDSM- well, in my experience pretty much everybody is fantasising and few understand the reality- BDSM is not abuse. Its a dangerous thing to get into if you dont know exactly what you are doing. Gor is a total mystery to me and doesnt really appeal at all. That doesnt make it bad- just not for me.
This post is really to give me an opportunity to quote a friend- damn, I had tears in my eyes from laughing so hard at this...[4:08] Marlena Petrov: oh!! I accidentally went shopping @ gorean sim yesterday??[4:09] Callie Carr: OMG[4:09] Marlena Petrov: so I posted *lets anyone or thing watching know she has shields, a combat system and a BIG gun...and PMS!!!!

I suppose I am a bit of a fish out of water- being a non rp'er in a virtual world- I dont get so much of what happens. The thing that makes SL such fun though, is exactly this diversity- you never know WHAT you might see next. I may not understand what you do- but hey- isnt it great that you can do it?

No comments: