Saturday 10 May 2008

Secondlife


It occurs to me that I should talk a lil about SL- I spend a lot of time there- not as much as I used to- but it is still a big part of my life. Why? well, its the people primarily. I love my land, and I have a hoot DJing- but hell- I met some awesome people. Some are still close to me- some, I lost on the way- but they still have a hell of an impact- this is not an inclusive list- just some of those awesome individuals- Vinny, my husband, of course- Wylde, Apolline, Miranda, my brother n sisters- Harry, my ex-husband- Casper, Wynternight, Rictus, Greg, Annmarie, Mirari, Azazeal, Kahai- just some of the friends who have touched me deeply. Of course, there are a heap of assholes too- and THAT list remains in my head- I have always had, and still have- a struggle with the gaming that goes on in SL- its not my way, though I do rp to an extent.

SL has taught me a lot- mostly about myself- at one time I used it as a kind of therapy, as so many do- but I have realised that the impact on others is inappropriate- and downright indulgent. Besides, I am actually takin pride in dealing with my issues- been a long time coming.

Its funny, but so many seem to be gettin their shit together right now, in SL and out- me included. Things will be changing again as the world makes fresh calls on me- I hope I dont lose any more friends- that would be damned careless of me. Whatever happens, I am in a much better shape to handle it than I was before I stumbled into SL.

I am grinning as I read this back- anybody not in SecondLife will be raising an eyebrow- I know - it sounds bizarre and a little delusional. It can be, at its worst- but there is also a great deal of good there.

No comments: