Wednesday 21 May 2008

ok, so who is perfect...?

Certainly not me!
I started this blog because some of the people I know in SL have them- and well- it seemed like a fun thing to do. I said in my first post that it wouldnt be a tool to beat people with, so apologies, because this posting does contain my opinion of the behaviour of others. Its not because I think I know any better, or behave better- its just- well- commonsense, I think. Some bloggers make a big thing about their blogs being their own view and that those who disagree or disapprove should look elsewhere. PERLEASE! a blog is published and therefore public. That view is akin to having sex in the middle of a park on a Sunday afternoon then telling the arresting policeman that people didnt have to look if they didn't like what they saw. A diary is a better vehicle for ranting, venting, and generally holding court on the percieved actions of others. *GRINS* having vented on the percieved actions of others- let me move on!
What do I do in Secondlife? I am married to Vinny, its our five month anniversary today- the time has flown. We recently had twins, Navarre and Alicia, and we are having a lot of fun with them. Its unlikely that they will grow up- I am not comfortable with that concept. We live in a big riverside house close to the ocean- my land is a great joy to me, I love playin round, landscaping, building. The latest craze in SL is fishing- and, I have to say, its a real hoot. Vinny and I sat on our dock fishing for ages the other day- poor Vinny- Flipper the dolphin kept pinching his bait! I work as a club DJ, playing mostly hard rock and metal, but I also play classic rock sets, and a fifties gig too. It really is a lot of fun and as many of my audience are from the States- they loooove my accent- I am forever having to remind them, that being English- I dont have an accent! I spend time with my friends and family- for example, this Sunday Vinny and I are going to the wedding of two good friends. I love a wedding, and SL ones are often as emotional as RL ones. The speed at which things move in SL mean that few things endure- including relationships. I know of 2 couples who were together when I first met them, almost 2 years ago- everybody else has split up, moved on. My own first marriage in SL ended very badly- but we stayed in touch out of SL- and are very good friends now- which pleases me no end.
My whole SL will need some rethinking soon, a new job is going to impact severely on my routine there- but my SL will carry on, I will still have Vinny, my twins, my house- and I will still DJ as often as I can, though maybe not so regularly.

No comments: